The Wilhelm Furtwängler Centre of
The Centre is engaged in the following activities:
EConduct its own research and study on Furtwänglerfs art.
EProvide its members with information on Furtwänglerfs art.
ECo-operate with the other organisations and scholars, home and abroad, who are engaged in the study on Furtwängler.
EConduct research and study on topics on Furtwängler as entrusted by its members.
EProduce and/or distribute printed, audio- and visual-materials primarily to its members and offer associated services based upon the collaboration with the other external organisations.
ESponsor and/or support concerts, study meetings, lectures, exhibitions and international conferences on Furtwängler.
EPublication of bulletin.
|PRINCIPLES OF THE WILHELM FURTWÄNGLER CENTRE OF JAPAN|
|THE WILHELM FURTWÄNGLER CENTRE OF JAPAN ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION|
The Wilhelm Furtwängler Centre of
Chapter 1 General Provisions
The name of the organisation is The Wilhelm Furtwängler Centre of
The purposes of the Centre are to engage in
(1)the research and study on the art of Dr. Wilhelm Furtwängler (hereinafter called gFurtwänglerh),
(2)to provide its members with support and assistance to their study on the art of Furtwängler,
(3)to contribute to the development of the international friendship among admirers and scholars of the art of Furtwängler and classical music in general, and
(4)to preserve and transfer the fruit of those studies to the
Chapter 2 Activities
The Centre is engaged in the activities as stipulated below in order to achieve the purposes as referred to in the preceding article.
(1) Conduct its own research and study on Furtwänglerfs art.
(2) Provide its members with information on Furtwänglerfs art.
(3) Co-operate with the other organisations and scholars, home and abroad, who are engaged in the study on Furtwängler.
(4) Conduct research and study on topics on Furtwängler as entrusted by its members.
(5) Produce and/or distribute printed, audio- and visual-materials primarily to its members and offer associated services based upon the collaboration with the other external organisations.
(6) Sponsor and/or support concerts, study meetings, lectures, exhibitions and international conferences on Furtwängler.
Chapter 3 Membership
Members of the Centre are classified as follows:
(1) General member: Admirers of Furtwänglerfs art, who enrolled to the Centre.
Honorary member: Individuals, who accepted to join the Centre at the recommendation
of the Board of Directors for their remarkable achievements in the study
of Furtwänglerfs art
(Enrolment procedure, enrolment fee and annual fee)
The person who wishes to enrol as a general member must enrol according to the Member Rules that are established by the Board of Directors.
general member must pay enrolment fee and annual fee that are determined by the
Board of Directors.
(Qualification of a General Member)
qualification of a general member is to be effective upon receipt by the Centre
of the enrolment fee as well as annual fee as referred to under item 2, Article
Particulars of the membership that are not specified in these Articles of Association are specified in the separate Member Rules (hereinafter gRulesh) that are established by the Board of Directors.
must observe the Rules of the foregoing paragraph.
When a member wishes to withdraw from the Centre, he must submit a Notice of Withdrawal in an appropriate format.
2. The Centre reserves the right to deem that a
member has withdrawn in case he has not made payment of annual fee more than
two months after the due date of payment.
When a member falls under either of the following events, the Board of Directors are entitled to dismiss him from the membership list:
(1) The person disgraced the honour of the Centre or conducted any action that cause the Centre lose its credibility,
(2) The person does not observe the Articles of
Association and/or Rules.
(Loss of Qualification of a member)
person who withdrew or was dismisses loses his member-qualifications
immediately and is in no way entitled to claim on any of the assets of the
Centre and properties including the enrolment fee and annual fee that may have
4 Board of Directors and Auditors
The Centre will employ the following members of the Board:
Executive Directors (gDirectorsh)
(Election of Directors and Auditors)
All the Directors and Auditors shall be elected at the Board of Directors
(Duties of Directors and Auditors)
organise the Board Meeting and conduct businesses of the Centre.
inspect and audit the financial status of the Centre and business conduct of
(Terms of office of the Directors and Auditors)
term of office of the directors and auditors is two years. Re-appointment is permitted.
In case inappropriate incidents occurred to a Director, the Director may be dismissed by the Board Meeting at the consent of the two thirds of the participating Directors.
the foregoing case, the Board Meeting must notify the subject Director that the
Board intends to dismiss him and he will then be given opportunities of
(Honorary Chairperson, Consultant)
The Centre may appoint an Honorary Chairperson and Advisor(s).
(1) The Honorary Chairperson and Advisor(s) will be entrusted by the Board of Directors.
Advisor(s) will accept consultation on important matters.
5 Board of Directors
of the Board of Directors is named gBoard Meetingh.
The Board is composed of Executive Directors.
2. Board Meeting will be held at one of the following events:
(1) When one third (1/3) of the Executive Directors proposed a Board Meeting specifying a topic or topics to discuss.
(2) When an Auditor proposed a Board Meeting specifying a topic or topics to discuss.
3. A Board Meeting may not be opened unless more than half of the Directors participated.
4. A Board Meeting must be called in writing specifying the agenda at least 7 calendars days before the proposed date of the Board Meeting.
chairman of the Board Meeting shall be elected among the participating
(Agenda of the Board Meeting)
A Board Meeting will discuss and decide the following matters:
(1) Matters concerning the management of the Centre
(2) Matters concerning the Enrolment Fee and Annual Fee
miscellaneous matters that are regarded necessary
(Decision Method of the Board Meeting)
Decision at the Board Meeting will be settled by majority. Chairman casts a casting vote in case the pros-and-cons same number.
case a Director is unable to participate to a Board Meeting due to unavoidable
reasons, he may entrust his voting right on any proposed agenda to another
participating Director. In this case,
the absent Director will be deemed present by virtue of the Article 19 item 3
and the foregoing paragraph.
6 Assets and Accounting
Fiscal Year of the Centre commences on 1st of April and ends on 31st
of March every year.
(Assets of the Centre)
Assets of the Centre are composed of as follows:
(1) Enrolment Fee, Annual Fee and other miscellaneous Fees
(2) Donations to the Centre
(3) Income from any business conducted by the Centre
(Management and appropriation of assets)
of the Centre are managed by the Board and its appropriation is decided by the
(Payment of Expenditures)
are paid by and within the assets of the Centre.
miscellaneous rules that are not included in these Articles of Association but
are necessary in order to manage the Centre will be determined at Board
Rules regulate the matters that are relevant to the Members and determined by
the Articles of Association of the Wilhelm Furtwangler Centre of
A General Member of the Centre is an admirer of the art of Dr. Wilhelm
Fee and Annul Fee must be paid in order to be enrolled as a General Member.
will become effective upon completion of the procedures as specified in the
4-1 Valid Members are shown in the Member List (gListh) on the Internet Home Page of the Centre. An individual enrolled as a Member agrees that his (her) name, the domiciling prefecture, e-mail address and date of enrolment will be displayed in the List.
service of this Centre will no longer be available in case the validity of the
(Expiry date of the membership)
The membership-expiry of the newly enrolled members falls on the month-end of
the enrolled month of the following year.
(Example: Those who enrolled on
The membership-expiry of the renewed period is exactly one calendar year.
6-2 Membership will be renewed upon payment of the annual fee as specified in these Rules.
case a member who lost his membership paid the annual fee within two calendar
months after the previous expiry date, he will be exempt from the payment of
the enrolment fee. However any service
of the Centre is not available to him during the period when the fee was not
(Rights of the members)
7. Members are entitled to utilise the services
of the Centre within his membership validity.
(Loss of Membership)
8. A member will lose his membership when
(1) He notified the Centre to withdraw.
(2) He died.
(3) He did not make payment of fees within the time specified.
was dismissed by virtue of the Articles of Association.
(Loss of the Rights of Members)
9. A member who lost his membership by virtue of the Article 8 loses his entire rights
Member. Any payments that were already
made to the Centre will not be refunded.
Honorary members are those members who agreed and did join the Centre at
the recommendation of the Board of Directors for his (her) remarkable achievement
in his (her) study on Furtwängler.
Rules will become effected on the 1st day of October 2003 and
binding until further notice.